The podcast

Thursday 16 April 2020

My birthday day

We had a picnic! (In the garden in case you're worried about breaking the social distancing rules.)

Those of you who've read my memoir or who've listened to it on podcast will know that we went on a picnic for one of our first dates. Then we were in a wonderful little spot overlooking the sea, and David didn't know I didn't like mustard.

We used the picnic blanket and sat on the grass, and David served up delicious warm baguettes stuffed with cheese and bacon. Hm, I fear my bad eating habits may have rubbed off on him. But you really can't go wrong with cheese and bacon. Then we lay back in the sun until a cloud came over and David suggested we remove ourselves to the bedroom ...

Much later my wonderful man cooked dinner for me: smoked salmon with crab mousse (from M&S), shepherd's pie (his speciality - you've never tasted shepherd's pie until you've tasted David's), and sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream (from M&S).

It's a good job we, um, had our little rest in the afternoon as I certainly wouldn't have been up to any bedroom activity after dinner. In fact just getting upstairs was a challenge.

Incidentally he does now know why I cross my legs when sneezing ...


No comments:

Post a Comment