The podcast

Friday 12 June 2020

The donkey who saved me

Yay! I did it! No, not MyNoWriMo, although I did start it and it gave me the impetus I needed to go ahead and finish my memoir part 2!

101,070 words in total. That's a lot of words - although I still have to come up with the hardest few: the title. How do other writers think of such excellent titles for their books? Perhaps I should use one of these random generator games you sometimes see on FaceBook. You know the ones, where you are allocated phrases depending on the initials of your name. The most recent gave me Chickens Preaching on Rooftops, which although a fun title doesn't bear any resemblance to my book.

Unless I could somehow work chickens into the plot ... but we did encounter a donkey. 

I asked David, 'What do you think of The Donkey Who Saved Me as a title for my book?'
The look he gave me answered my question better than a thousand words.  

I like it. I've even designed a cover. I say 'designed'; what I mean is that I took a photo of a James Bond cover and adapted it.

Photo of cover here - when Blogger stops messing about and let's me insert it.

No comments:

Post a Comment